Friday, August 06, 2010

Love

I don’t know too much about love

Never been in a real relationship
When it’s real, it fits like a glove
That’s what the old folks usually tell me
I’ve never shaken hands with love
It’s natural that they know more than me
Will a first date give me a violent shove
Into this word we use so carelessly?
I convince myself I’m better off without it
When I look at the drama by which I’m surrounded
But that’s not true love
That’s just shallow lust
Which one is better?
Which one is more convenient?
Which one is wetter?
Either one you decide
From my life it’s absent
Pay no attention to me y’all
I’m just thinkin’ out loud
I think of million dollar business deals
And no my head’s not in the clouds
I worry about myself still
When will I ever make love to love?
And how will I know if it’s real?

No comments: